1969 Candle *20% OFF!*
1969 is a bright, balanced blend of floral and fruity notes with a touch of green summer herbs – it smells like pure sunshine and queer joy. Each candle is a one-of-a-kind creation and comes with a colorful surprise swirl on the inside – you won't know which color you have until you remove the lid!
🌈 ABOUT THE CANDLE
Our Pride 2021 candle honors the roots of the season. Pride did not begin as a parade with corporate sponsors, it was a culmination of raucous rebellions – the most famous being the uprising at the Stonewall Inn on June 28th, 1969. When the NYPD raided the bar that night, the LGBTQ+ patrons fought back, which led to nation-wide protests and the beginning of the LGBTQ+ rights movement as we know it today.
The courage of our LGBTQ+ elders has made it possible for us to be out lesbians, running this little business of ours and living life on our own terms. We also know that while our community has made progress, we still have far to go.
That's why a portion of the proceeds from our 1969 candle will be donated to Brooklyn Community Pride Center – an organization in our borough that's helping the LGBTQ+ community thrive. As a small business, we believe in the power of localized efforts that strengthen our community, and BCPC does this every day. You can learn more about about the work they do HERE.
🍊 SCENT PROFILE: BRIGHT + FLORAL + FRUITY
Top: gardenia, clementine, basil
- Middle: jasmine, tuberose, mint
- Base: tomato leaf, agave, chamomile
- No two 1969 candles are the same. The photos shown are examples of the colorways available but are not representative of every candle. Variations are to be expected and are part of the process!
- Net Weight: 7.2oz / 205g
- 100% soy wax candle
- Cotton wick (lead and zinc free)
- Paraben and phthalate-free fragrance derived from both essential and synthetic oils
- Stainless steel container made of 25% post-consumer content and fully recyclable
- Burn time: up to 50 hours
✨ BY THE WAY...
All of our products are made by hand, so you may notice some slight variations or imperfections. This includes: small dents or scratches on the packaging, minor discoloration of the wax, labels that aren't perfectly straight, etc. None of these things impact the quality of the candle or its burn.