Cozy Book + Candle Giveaway (+ Book Recs!)
by Lauren Grebb·
The fall season is upon us. With the increasingly crisp air mixed with the excitement that anything is possible, there's no better time to light a candle, curl up with a great book, and get lost for a little while.
To celebrate the season, we have partnered with Pocket Books, an eclectic feminist bookstore in Lancaster PA, to do a special giveaway! The winner will receive the selected pairings of a Witching Hour Candle and a copy of The Women Could Fly by Megan Giddings and a Hellbound Heart Candle paired with They Never Learn by Layne Fargo.
To win, join us for an Instagram Live (@thenewsavant) on Thursday, October 12 at noon ET. TNS co-founder, Erica Anderson, will be joined by Pocket Books co-founder, Jess Callahan, and rules of the giveaway will be shared. Hint: it's a virtual scavenger hunt!
Additionally, the bookworms here at TNS have chosen some of our favorite scents and paired them with books whose stories embrace our favorite fall feelings: cozy and spooky. Reveling in both the familiar and the unknown, these titles will encourage you to get lost in the words on the page and the scent in the air. Check out our suggested pairings below and happy reading!
- Bunny by Mona Awad paired with the darkly alluring scent of Androgyne
- Starling House by Alix E Harrow paired with the rebellious founder favorite, The Dropout
- You, Again by Kate Goldbeck paired with the charming and fresh new kid, Girl In A Sweater
- The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean paired with the deliciously robust Harvest Table
- At The Coffee Shop of Curiosities by Heather Webber paired with the warm and comforting wafts of The Usual