WHERE ARE YOUR CANDLES MADE?
+ All of our candles are handmade by Ingrid in our Brooklyn, NY studio. You can learn more about our founder here.
WHAT ARE YOUR CANDLES MADE OF?
+ Great question! Let's break it down:
- WAX: We use 100% soy wax that's made here in the U.S. Soy candles are great because they burn slow and even, which means they last longer overall.
- WICKS: We use flat braided cotton wicks with a paper core. All of our wicks are lead and zinc free.
- FRAGRANCES: Only premium, phthalate free and paraben free fragrance oils are used in our candles. These oils are made from a combination of essential oils and synthetic oils.
- CONTAINERS: Our 7oz. cans are made from stainless steel and composed of 25% post-consumer waste + fully recyclable or reusable. Our minis are also made from recycled steel and are infinitely recyclable.
- SHIPPING BOXES + PACKAGING: All of our boxes and paper cushioning can be recycled/reused. You can also recycle our notecards. When packing orders, we try to use the least amount of shipping materials possible. We take a no-frills approach – you'll only find what's needed to keep your items secure during transit. This reduces packaging buildup on our end and yours.
WHY DO YOU USE SYNTHETIC OILS?
+ There are several reasons for this:
- SAFETY: We only use fragrance oils that are specifically formulated for candles and scented home goods. Sometimes this means there are synthetic ingredients used to stabilize the natural ingredients, which makes them safe to use.
- CREATIVITY: Natural oils have a very limited number of scent profiles. Synthetic fragrance oils allow for more possibilities and complex scent combinations. Basically, if you can imagine it, you can make it! This makes the creation process more fun and results in more unique product.
- SCENT THROW: Soy wax is notorious for being difficult when it comes to carrying fragrance. On top of that, natural oils alone have a really hard time binding with soy wax. This means if you make a candle using only essential oils, you may notice that it smells great when it's not lit, but once it's burning there might be little to no scent. We want you to have a candle that's both safe and fragrant – using synthetic oils makes this possible.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Did you know it takes about three pounds of lavender to make just 0.5oz. of lavender essential oil? Imagine what would be needed to make the hundreds of ounces used in candle making! Synthetic fragrance oils allow us to enjoy scents that we love (like lavender) but through a more controlled and sustainable manufacturing process.
WHY STAINLESS STEEL?
+ We love this question! Ingrid spent a lot of time testing different vessels, but stainless steel ended up being her favorite. Here's why:
- SUSTAINABILITY: Our 7oz. cans are made from 25% post-consumer waste and our tins are made from recycled steel. Both are fully recyclable/reusable. If you choose to recycle your container, all you have to do is clean it out and add it to your regular recycling bin for cans. Additionally, we love that stainless steel is infinitely recyclable – making it the most recycled material on the planet.
- DURABILITY: It's not fun to eagerly await a package only to receive a box filled with broken glass. Our metal containers are lightweight and durable, which give us more peace of mind that your order will be secure during transit and it'll arrive at your doorstep free of damage.
- LESS PACKAGING: Since metal containers are lighter and more durable than glass, we're able to use less packaging all-around to keep our candles secure in transit.
- BUILT-IN SNUFFER: Each container comes with a lid that you can use to snuff out your candle. Snuffing is better (and safer) than blowing out a candle because it reduces smoke and prevents hot wax from accidentally going everywhere.
HOW STRONG ARE YOUR FRAGRANCES?
+ We know the fragrance you choose to bring into your home is deeply personal. Our candles are made to have a great scent throw that can easily fill up an average sized bedroom.
SHIPPING + RETURNS
WHAT IS YOUR SHIPPING POLICY?
+ Standard Shipping is FREE for all orders within the U.S. There is no minimum purchase required. This is because we incorporate the cost of standard shipping for U.S. orders into the retail price of our products. We choose to do this so the price you see when you're shopping is what you pay. The only thing added at checkout is sales tax. Expedited shipping options are available for an additional fee – these rates are calculated at checkout.
DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY?
+ Yes! Please note that we are unable to provide free shipping for international orders. Shipping costs vary by country and are calculated at checkout.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET MY ORDER?
+ Since Ingrid makes every candle by hand, you can expect your order to be in the mail within 7 business days after purchase. All orders are shipped via USPS and most should arrive within 5 business days after being scanned at our Brooklyn post office.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to an increase in demand during COVID-19, it might take a little longer for USPS to process and deliver your package. Additionally, once your package is handed over to USPS, we are unable to control when your order gets processed and mailed to you. If your tracking number shows no updates for 10 days, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we'll work on finding a solution together.
DO YOU ACCEPT RETURNS?
+ All of our products are made by hand in small batches, so imperfections and variations are normal. This includes: minor discoloration of the wax, small scratches or dents on the packaging, slightly off center labels, etc. None of these imperfections impact the quality of the product. Due to the handmade nature of our items, we do not accept returns or exchanges. However, if your candle arrives damaged, please fill out this damaged goods form and we will gladly send you a new one or refund your purchase. Please note that you will need to provide a photo of your damaged item.
CAN I CHANGE/CANCEL MY ORDER?
+ We know what it's like to suddenly realize that you've entered the wrong shipping address or accidentally placed an order for the wrong item. That's why we will do our best to accommodate changes to an order within 24 hours of purchase. Just send your order number and your change request to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Because we start preparing your order right away, we can not guarantee that all changes will be accommodated, even if they are requested within 24 hours.
DO YOU ACCEPT WHOLESALE ORDERS?
+ Yes! Please email us at email@example.com to learn more.
CAN YOU MAKE A CUSTOM CANDLE FOR MY WEDDING/EVENT/CORPORATE GIFT?
+ Yes! Just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you're thinking. Please note that our capacity is limited and we can't accept every custom order.